Doggy Vegan treats: Peanut Butter Bones
These are an easy-to-make healthy treat that your dog will just adore! These are great to shove in your pocket to use as treats on a walk, or rewards for tricks and good behaviour!
I use this fantastic little cookie cutter set, they are really small so perfect to make treats for small/medium sized dogs.
Makes: 80 small treats (I used a 6.5cm bone-shaped cutter)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat the oven to 190ºC.
- Mix together the flour and baking powder in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the peanut butter and hot water until smooth. Slowly add the dry mixture and mix well. Add a little more water if the dough is too dry, or flour if it’s too wet.
- Roll out the dough to around 1/2cm thickness.
- Cut with a cookie cutter and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown. I turn the oven off and leave the bones inside to crisp up, this makes for a crunchy long-lasting treat which my dog loves!